Today I made a batch of shortbread cookies so that I would know how many batches I need to make next week before the wedding. I made the recipe that called for rosemary and chocolate chips in it, but when I asked everyone what they thought the rosemary wasn’t that big of a hit. So I think I’ll have to edit it to please everyone (even though I’m a huge fan of the rosemary). I think it gives the shortbread a little more refined taste. Oh well! I was able to get 20 cookies out of this recipe:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary (fresh is too strong)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup flour
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with sugar. Mix in the rosemary, salt, and flour, 1/4 cup at a time. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips, and stir by hand until well-distributed. Gather the dough into a ball.
Roll the dough out into a rectangle of 1/2-inch thickness and cut into rectangles about 1/2-inch by 2-inch. Place the dough on a cold ungreased baking sheet. Prick the top with a fork (just for decoration). Bake the shortbread for 25 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn a golden color. Remove the shortbread from the baking sheet and let cool completely on a rack.
Now that I know how much I have to make of that, I can push that off my plate until maybe Monday or Tuesday.
This morning was pretty busy. I ran over to Office Depot to have them make some copies for me. I have been working on creating a candy wrapper as a party favor for the wedding. I got approval from Mike and Amy and then asked my dad if he would print them off. When he did, they came out baby blue for some reason. They were too pale and it wasn’t the aqua/ sea-foam color that they are having for their reception. I scrapped those and asked Jared if he would try printing the file off. He printed just one page, brought it home for me to see and it was perfect. It might have been a shade or two darker but it was at least in the same spectrum. I figured that since it had turned out right when Jared printed it that time that I would just take it to Office Depot and have them print it off. Unfortunately, when they printed off a test sheet it came out as an electric blue color. I wanted to scream! As a last ditch effort, I quickly ran over to Kinko’s to see if they would be able to do anything. What they printed off was a shade lighter than their color but, again, it was at least in the same spectrum.
This project was supposed to be so quick and simple and it ended up being the bane of this wedding. Luckily, we were able to get 400 of these little papers cut out and wrapped around chocolate candies and they are all done and waiting until the 12th.
After all the candies were wrapped, Jenny and I finished modge modging our cheap picture frames with our scrap paper. Yesterday, I had my mom go and buy several sheets of vellum from the paper store. I printed off 25 different 4×6 images of Michael and Amy onto the vellum. Once the frames were dry, we filled them with the vellum images. I’m so excited about these frames for the centerpieces! I think they are going to turn out so cute, and to think that we spent about $30 to make these 9 centerpieces! Woot! Woot!
So much progress today!