… a recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.
Okay, so I know this pictures isn’t just of me, but since I’m usually the photographer I’m hardly ever IN the pictures! But this is very much who I am!
1. I was raised to always be presentable before leaving the house, even if it was just to go down to the corner for gas. I’ve lightened up on that a bit over the years but my first instinct is to be completely ready (hair, makeup, actual clothing and not pajamas or sweats, etc).
2. Once I start watching a movie or show I have to watch it to the end. I have a crazy imagination and leaving something open-ended doesn’t work well when trying to go to sleep!
3. I’ve never had a cavity! I’m 28 years old and I can claim authenticity to a beautiful set of pearly whites!
4. I love to cook/bake! It’s soothing to me. So, when everyone kept checking up on me to see if I needed help or if I had blown a gasket during the wedding prep what they didn’t realize is that I was probably the most calm I have ever been. It only got crazy when my kids were eating everything!
5. Up until two weeks ago I had never formally taken a class on anything. This is just in regards to photography, cooking, baking, scrapbooking, sewing, demo work, crafting, decorating, gardening, etc. All these things that I love to do I just imitated and learned on my own from trial and error.
6. I am a Twilight nerd!!! In fact, I re-read the series once a year!
7. I’m crazy allergic to shellfish, and consequently iodine. With each of my deliveries the doctors had to use betadine instead!
8. I’m more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. I ran a 6:53 mile the other day but then had to slow down to an 8 minute mile for the next two miles. Need to work on pacing myself.
9. I think I’m OCD. I like even-numbered things, I turn the volume up or down so that the numbers are nice and even. I take a certain number of steps in each sidewalk square. I count how many turns it takes me to twist a lid on (among other things). It’s just weird stuff like that!
10. I’m horrible at spelling. I always have been!
11. I’m more of a people watcher. I don’t have to be in the middle of the conversation to be happy. Sometimes people think that I’m being left out, but really that’s the way I prefer it sometimes and I have no problem interjecting if I feel the need.
12. I must have some type of heel on my shoe. I’ve tried the whole ballet flat thing, but it’s so uncomfortable to me. I’ll probably have horrible feet someday, but for now…
13. I’m notorious for starting a project and not finishing it for months! I don’t know if that’s me or if that’s just a product of my environment (kids always getting into things and so it gets postponed).
14. When all the kids are in school I’d love to go back and get a degree in secondary education. That was originally what I wanted to major in, but as I started having kids I didn’t think I could handle it, but now that we’re out of the really little baby stage and I’m starting to sleep again I do think it’s what I would like to study. Even if I never get a job as a teacher it would be a great asset in the home.
15. I’ve always been petite. I was 98 pounds when I got married, at my heaviest I was 140 and that was 41 weeks pregnant, I seem to be hovering around the 105 mark for the past week. I never seemed to keep my pregnancies when my weight was less than 110. It took a while for me to gain enough to keep Benjamin. So, now that I’m done having children I guess it’s okay that I’ve dipped a little below that mark.
So, now you know a bit more about whether you wanted to or not!